Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Boys are Back in Town!!!!


Not one buck.................


Not two bucks...............


But THREE bucks in our yard a few evenings ago! The bucks have been pretty scarce around here all summer...  All the construction going on at the neighbors could have something to do with it... With all the does and fawns all summer we've been like a nursery around here... Often times the does will leave the fawns in our yard and wonder off to eat on their own... Like we're built in babysitters or something...lol 


But the boys are back and they were in a rough and tumble mood... I apologize for the poor lighting but they come by close to dusk and the blurriness is because i was EXCITED !! lol 


These were all three 8 pointers....One was definitely bigger and heavier than the other two.. He's the one standing off to the side in the three buck photo... 


So thankful that i live in a place where i can see this right outside my window...  But you know people keep moving in... buying up the land... even just since we've been here.... Even if they don't plan to build they feel like they have to 'improve' the land by clearing out some trees.... etc... Why do people always feel like they have to control nature... they have to bring order to it... I love it in all its beautiful chaos......

And this ofcourse is for all my T people over there at Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's ...  I know you must be tired of seeing my wolf coffee mug... but all others are packed away... I'll try to make it interesting by staging it with some interesting flea market finds...lol    Found a set of 4 of these legs a couple weekends ago... $8..... Not sure just what i'll do with them but it will be fun to figure it out... suggestions welcome.. :)I think they are quite old but you know how easy it is for them to make something new look old these days so i don't know.... the glass marble is flat on the bottom....

This was going to be a house update post but i HAD to show you my boys!!! I hope you have a beautiful rest of the week!!! Hugs! deb

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun post, loved the pics of those rough boys, wow! Fantastic. People are a problem here, too. They all want to live somewhere green and pleasant, so they pull down beautiful old buildings, destroy the land and build ghastly new 'boxes' on it....Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

CraftyViolet said...

How nice to look out your window and see deer....unless you have a garden, then they are not as welcome! Trust me on this. My daughter and my sister both live where deer visit and they treat their gardens as a buffet!

Love your mug. My 9 year old grandson loves wolves. I'm making him a wolf quilt for Christmas.

Can't help with the health insurance question. We have free health care here in Canada. I've had 8 surgeries including knee, back and brain surgery and I've never seen a doctor or hospital bill. So fortunate. Hope you find something suitable and affordable.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How sad for you to find a wonderful place and have people move in. Our place was like that when my daughter was growing up. Then they built a subdivision.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

Awesome photos!! Love it when the "boys" show up close.
Great find with the vintage legs I would find a very cool something to make a small table or foot stool with those.
enjoy your week

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

That's gotta be the best headline I've seen all year - anywhere!

Does each hard have an alpha, like dogs? That's what the heftier one looks like to me. Like he's watching the younger bucks train; seeing his competition coming up.

Are the clawfeet metal or wood? Given the small size, I see them on something Tim Holtz-y - like treasure chest with all kinds of ephemera gilded to the surface (keys, watches).

Hugs, Eileen

P.S. I figured out the comment issue. Yay! Thanks for the nudge.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oops - herd.

Halle said...

We never see the bucks around here. Fun photos of them playing. Those little legs are very cool...I'm sure you'll find something fun to do with them!

loveofcollage said...

how magical you are so lucky

Lisca Meijer said...

How special is that! To see the 'boys' rutting. Is the one on the right still top deer? Or are the other boys catching up? I suppose it is quite noisy too when they clash their antlers....
I hadn't seen you wolf mug and it's awesome. And the little legs-with-a-marble you bought are very special. I can totally understand why you 'had to have them'. I'm sure the right item will come along that is just crying out for a pair of legs like that.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

how special to be able to see the boys at play right in your own back yard! I totally agree with you about letting nature be and not just clearing things out so much. Great find on the legs! I would just set a small tea light on each for display. Happy T day!

Krisha said...

I agree with you about clearing out nature.....soon there will be none!
Great photos of the "boys" having a tussle.
Your little "leg" find looks interesting, can't wait to see what you use them for.
No reno photos????

Happy T-day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

i was just telling Carol that the two of you must be on the same wavelength, because you are both sharing deer photos. Of course, I didn't know about yours until just now. They are wonderful. BTW, I have never counted both racks before. To me, they would be a FOUR point buck. Guess I learned it differently. Maybe this mathematician doesn't know how to add (GRIN)!

LOVED the leg. That's known as ball and claw, and the imperfections in the glass ball make it seem real to me. I own a table that has these legs, but I wouldn't know how to use them other than what they are designed for. Also, I suspect it's fairly heavy, too. Note the angle. It shows the table legs were pointed inward. I suspect the bottom shelf was directly above the metal claw. I'd love to see it from another angle to see if it's a true claw.

Thanks for sharing your deer, your ball and claw leg, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, that was a fantastic price for something priceless.

Let's Art Journal said...

Love your photos of the "boys", it's such a blessing to get to see such magnificent creatures, thanks for sharing! I'm sure I've said this before - I will never tire of seeing your beautiful Wolf Lake mug :-). Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Divers and Sundry said...

What great shots of the bucks in action! Thx!

If they want a place with fewer trees, there are plenty of those around ;) Why move out where the trees are plentiful only to clear them out *sigh*

Happy T Tuesday :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! That would be my free time sorted - how exciting! I love seeing your wolf mug! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! That would be my free time sorted - how exciting! I love seeing your wolf mug! Hugs, Chrisx

johanna said...

oh, i love These deer - and i really like this mug! happy belated t-day:)

Dianne said...

Very handsome fellows...I just don't want to meet them on the road! Happy belated TDay!🍁

Karla B said...

Love the bucks. Adorable.Id love to see one.Happy Halloween my friend!