Monday, November 21, 2016

Another House Update.....


First i want to wish everyone who celebrates... Happy Thanksgiving this week.... I hope you get to spend it with all your loved ones... We will have a very quiet Thanksgiving this year... just hubs and i.... Hubs will make the turkey and stuffing like he does every year and i will do all the sides... We have alot of the traditional stuff... deviled eggs... i like cranberry sauce from the can.. instead of mashed potatoes i have a great recipe for those little red potatoes and broccoli made in the microwave... pumpkin pie for me... pecan for hubby... Do you have a big day planned??  


Let me apologize for the poor quality of the photos...  The sun just did not want to cooperate.... LOTS of staining going on....This above photo is the shelf in the SpareRoom closet... Hubs made the holder for the pole too... the poll is stained too , just no photo of it...


Here it is stained....... Red Mahogany if your wondering... and three coats of clear coat sanded between each coat....


Spare room window sill... stained..installed, caulked and window trim painted... whew! And look at that! A new blind at the window... sometimes we're cooking with Crisco... lol 



Closet doors in spare room painted and installed... I just put the old doors back on... I know alot of white... BUT... I have plans for these doors... New knobs one day...They are nice and flat so i see some Mixed Media fun happening here some day... So they won't stay white... I have a forest theme for this room running around in my brain...  Do you decorate in themes??? I've always wanted to do the bedrooms in themes.... 


Ofcourse you recognize this room... this is the Master Bath....Windows all caulked , painted... windowsills stained and installed ... And would you look at THAT ! Blinds up at the windows... I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to have blinds and not tarps at the windows.......That wire hanging down is for the vent...yet to be installed....


This has been a fun project..... This is for the Master Walk In closet...Thinking nautical here remember... I really liked how these brackets looked like pipes...

But they were the wrong color .. gold.... so again i used the Rustoleum... oil rubbed bronze to paint them....


I think they came out great...Hubs is in the middle of installing them... Oooops forgot i had to paint the screws too.....  :)


Are you tired yet??? There's been painting going on... I had to touch up the edges of the ceiling around the front entrance...thats done... HATE that ladder at that height... Now i'm working up the courage to paint the blue accent wall... that WILL happen this week! Once that happens i'm going to start unpacking some boxes... Not alot but i think some can be unpacked... Find my curtains that i love and figure out how to make them work with this ceiling height.. Woohoo!!!So excited to see some of my 'stuff'!! 

I've been painting in the pantry too... See the boards going across in there??? Those will hold shelves that i'am staining at the moment... 

I'm so looking forward to seeing how my decor items will bring everything together... it will won't it??  I hope so... I know everything looks very white right now... but i'm hoping my decorations for the house will change that... Different paint colors may happen down the road... or not... but right now we just want to get things done... We'll have to wait and see what the future holds... Making progress right???!!  Happy T day to all my Tea People over there at Ms. Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's....  If you've been visiting for awhile you might remember the photo... Its one of my favorite ....taken in CA.....The mug , the pumpkin, the pinecones, the bowl... till packed...uuggghh... Hugs! deb 

20 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I must say your Thanksgiving meal sounds delicious and one or two of those veggie recipes sound wonderful - any chance of a recipe?

Your house really begins to look very good too.

CraftyViolet said...

Wow! You two have done a ton of work on that house! I can see a big celebration coming once you are finally finished. I hope you aren't bored after its done though!

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

So much painting going on. Whenever I move into a new home, I make it mine with color (and pictures). Thanksgiving for us is also going to be hubs and I, but we will still have a turkey with sides and we will enjoy it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your house is coming along well, you have both worked so hard to make it beautiful. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving, your recipe sounds good. And I love the glass pumpkin. Have a wonderful T day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have been working on that house so long, and it is finally paying off. It's going to be exactly as you want it in the end. Your pantry photo reminded me how much I missed my pantry in my house in MO. It was big (10' long X 7' wide) and I designed it myself. I measured can heights, boxes of cereal, containers, and everything. The bottom shelves held cat and dog food, laundry supplies, ice melt, litter, and anything too big to fit the custom shelves. But, back to you. I know you will love your pantry once the shelves are stained and in place.

Those new blinds are awesome. I like wide blinds. Mine are too narrow. You have chosen well.

Thanks for sharing your holiday vignette with your coffee mug with us for T this Tuesday. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving. I'm still planning mine.

chrissie said...

The work in the House looks terrific

Enjoy your Thanksgiving and Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

oh my!!! what a great Job you did! you will be so happy and proud to enjoy it.
happy t-day and thanksgiving!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I enjoyed seeing your updates..remember I think that might be the same floor plan of a home we owned in the 70s. You ALMOST inspire me to get out the paint, but I suspect that will be a January project.

Happy Thanksgiving.
xx, Carol

Meggymay said...

Your house is going to look amazing with all the work you are both doing, you have achieved so much already.
Enjoy Thanksgiving day, your meal is sounding delicious.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Your beautiful home is really coming along so nicely Deb! It must feel great to be seeing so much progress and to be at the point where you can add blinds and curtains, etc.Love those brackets! Your quiet Thanksgiving sounds wonderful. Enjoy, and happy T day!

Darla said...

I really like your holiday themed photo, what a special mug. You must be so excited to be so close to open your boxes and start decorating. I am anxious to see some of the rooms when you get to that.

Let's Art Journal said...

You really have been busy and your house is looking fantastic! The red mahogany blinds and window sills go so well with that beautiful shade of blue paint - gorgeous! I love the stain glass windows around the door too, they look so beautiful :-). Happy Thanksgiving and wishing you a lovely T Day! Jo x

Lisca Meijer said...

Wow! It's all coming together. You have worked very hard. It's looking good! Isn't it great to have the house exactly the way you want it. It takes time and effort but it's worth it. Well done!
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

You are making great progress with the house! Lookin' good :0 Your Thanksgiving meal sounds good. We'll have a turkey breast and a quarter ham here with sides. Your potatoes sound good.

Happt T Tuesday

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is looking wonderful now! Some lovely touches too! With a Thanksgiving meal like that you sound to be celebrating in style! Have a great day! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

This really is looking wonderful now! Some lovely touches too! With a Thanksgiving meal like that you sound to be celebrating in style! Have a great day! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely. We are also going small this year-just the hubby, my daughter and myself. I am looking forward to it for a change. I love the color you chose for the bathroom. Its nice o see the house coming along to the finishing projects. Hope you have a happy T day and a happy Turkey day too. Hugs-Erika

Dianne said...

an incredible amount of details to finish! your guys are doing great, I am exhausted just looking at all the photos...it's coming along so well! Yes, it WILL come together with your decorating. can't wait to see. Happy Thanksgiving!

Karla B said...

We don't have ThanksGiving Day here. Hope yours were warm and sweet. Your house is getting WONDERFUL. I am loving it.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your Thanksgivig menu sounds delish! My hubby won't eat any cranberry sauce except (jellied) from the can like you. Tradition, right? I love stuffing most of all and tried a new recipe this year - sausage stuffing. I think I have a new tradition. It's okay to eat something so decadent once a year, right?

The house is looking amazing. It's really a complete remodel and update. I hardly see any aspect of the before photos. You're really making it YOUR HOME. May you enjoy any happy years there.

Hugs, Eileen