Sunday, November 13, 2016

Welcome to My Chaos...............


Hello there everyone!!! Finally! A house update... I've been reluctant to share because what we've done really doesn't show that much in photos..  For example i could show you a pic of the bedroom and it would look the same as the last time i showed you a photo  but all the baseboards and window trim have been caulked and painted...Its just hard to SEE those things... 
There's my WolfCup for all my Tea People over there at Ms. Elizabeth's and Bleubeards... same coffee , different day... lol ! And a couple more of my finds... the key door stops i found at Hobby Lobby at one of their 60 or 80% off sales... aren't they PERFECT!?  :)  Hubby thought i was crazy when i bought the wood snake at an Estate Sale for $4... I told him wait until i paint him black and make him over in the steampunk style....oohhh yeah baby ! 




So..... I had nothing to really show you on the house... then just the other day we decided it was time to tackle another big chunk... We painted the DiningRoom... What a job... moving and shifting everything... covering everything with tarps...painting and moving stuff back... wore us out!  Can you see we lugged in the second bookcase too! What a job that was!!! And can you see the light...?
That light was lugged from TX to CA where it never came out of the box... then to Arkansas......


The light i found on sale at Lowe's upteen years ago when i worked there....I fell in love with it... i have a soft spot for Tiffany or Tiffany-like lights... can't help it.. :)  well after we dug it out of the box i wasn't sure i was STILL in love with it.. i mean tastes change... I KNEW i did not like the antique gold thing it had going on... that had to change if there was even a chance i could still like it... so out came the spray can...


Even the gold wire had to go.......




And the gold chain....................


So  tell me did i ressurect it or ruin it??? I'm still on the fence... but i like it better painted... by the way thats an 'oil rubbed bronze ' color Rustoleum.....I think it helps that the lines... the 'leading' on the lamp was dark already.......



Did i ever show you the ceiling fans we installed up there?? I love them! 

Now will someone PLEASE help me clean up the mess......uuughhh...  i have more to show you.... so i'm sure the next few posts will be about the house..... stay tuned...Hugs! deb

23 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh goody - house progress photos. You two Energizer bunnies have been busy!

I love the key door stops and how those bookcases frame the fireplace.

You were right about changing the gold to black on the Tiffany lamp. It does bring out the leading. Very pretty. Congrats on finally finding a home for it ;-)

Hugs, Eileen

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

What a great make-over you have done. Bet the house is just gorgeous. I like the black hardware on the lamp way better than bronze. Good decision.
xx, Carol

Lori said...

I have a thing for Tiffany style lights as well. We have one lamp and 2 ceiling fixtures in that style.

Trim painting is hardly noticeable when it's done, but it's amazing how much a room will look different and more put together. An observer just can't put their finger on what it is.

Krisha said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did to the lamp! It makes the leaded glass pop! If you ever tire of it, I'll gladly take it off your hands LOL!

You home is looking rather grand now, all painted. I really admire both of you for the HARD work you have put into this place to make it YOUR home.

NOT crazy about snakes, but those key door stops and the BOMB!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I love that lampshade Deb.

Denise said...

Thank You so much for dropping by and caring enough to leave Me a comment.I do want to get blogging again.I enjoyed browsing through Your Home and all the updating You showed Us.I don't think I'm up to that amount of work ever again but I do have good memories of updating Our Home.There are some fun aspects to it but when it's done....SO NICE.I do like the lamp better with Your new black on it, Yes it does make it pop at the same time it smooths it out somehow.Hugs to You-Denise PS- Love Your cup!

CraftyViolet said...

Wow, you have done a lot. Hubs shoulder must be getting better if he helped you move all that furniture. Joe would like to do some painting in our house but then he looks at the furniture and decides its fine the way it is!

I like the lamp better black too.

I get the same look from Joe when I buy something like your snake but then he's impressed when he sees what I've done with it. His cousin who is a cupboard maker brought over some odd pieces of wood and said, "I was going to throw these out but I figured you could do something with them!" Why yes, I can and I did! We all have our own talents!

Linda Kunsman said...

Nice to see more house updates Deb- I know you both are putting SO much work into pulling it all together. Great key doorstops! It's amazing what you can find at Hobby Lobby -just need to be there at the right time:) I think your light redo-and it is just our style too. Hope you'll share what you do with your newly acquired snake:)
Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

You're making a lot of progress! I like what you did with the lamp, and I agree about your key door stops. You must have a real sense of accomplishment! Happy T Tuesday :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in LOVE with those key door stops. They are fantastic. I can't believe you got them at Hobby Lobby. WOW. Speaking of wow, I took a photo or six of the ball and claw like the ones you bought, and will show it tomorrow on my blog. Hope you drop by to check it out.

Those fans are fantastic and will help circulate the air. I like how you put matching ones in the room. I also like the Tiffany style lamp after you changed it. I think it looks much better now. I look forward to even more house updates.

Thanks for sharing these updates and your same coffee, different day mug with us for T this Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

You have been working very hard on your house, and have brought lots of gorgeous things together. Have a great week and a good T day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You were so busy! Great!
I like the lamp with the black - looks super now and I really looking forward to the steampunk-snake!
Happy T-Day Deb!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

Very beautiful things to adorn your house.

Enjoy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Its good to see all the latest things that you have been doing in your home. I love the lighting and that door stop was a great find.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

The house is looking excellent. You've done sooo much work. I am surprised you don't have house burnout yet. Love that mug, and the snake is interesting- and I don't like snakes. Can't wait to see the steampunk look he gets. Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, I love what you have done! I noticed your fireplace in the photos, it's stunning :-). You have definately resurrected the lamp, it looks gorgeous! And you made some great purchases too, the key doorsteps are perfect and I'm so looking to seeing your snake steampunk style :-). I don't envy you the tidying up, although I would gladly help :-). Happy T Day! J :-)

Darla said...

I've followed along ever since you moved and I am so impressed with the changes you made to your house. The hanging light does look better with the changes you made.

johanna said...

wow, congrats on your make-over! the lamp Looks wonderful. never seen such beautiful door Stoppers before. i love snakes, so i´m looking Forward to your steampunk one!
happy t-day!

Halle said...

I really like the makeover on the light. The dark chain goes better with the leading. We really need to replace the ceiling fan in our bedroom...yours look really nice. Ours is old and UGLY!!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You asked if grape kool-aid would work. I've seen Patty use it, so I went looking years ago, after I bought a bunch of kool-aid (non-sweetened). Seems it ONLY works with wool. Since I don't have any wool, and am rather allergic to it, I might try to push the envelope and see if it will work with cotton, but from everything I read (and this was years ago, so I don't have a link I can send you to) it requires wool. You know when it's finished because all the color has been absorbed into the fibers. No one shows using it with fabric, only yarn. Thanks for asking.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Everything here is looking SO good! The key doorstops are fabulous and I love how you updated the light! Thank Goodness we don't have much call for ceiling fans here but I know when my son went to visit relatives in Georgia he was pleased they had them! So sorry I can't come and help you clean up! Chrisx

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do apologise for taking so long to answer your letter Deb. Funnily enough I have written it today ready to post when I next go into town. Yes, the stickers arrived and my artistic friend was thrilled to bits with them - and says thank you so much. Even your letter was beautifully decorated. You really do have the most lovely writing paper.

Carol said...

Well I myself can't wait to see the REBIRTH of the Snake :) and those door stops are so perfect. I wonder if I'd be able to find any somewhere!!! I love the redo of the lighting too. We at-re also converting our gold and brushed nickle to oil rubbed bronze. It all started with the new faucets in the master bath redo :/