Monday, December 5, 2016

Progress on the House......

Hello my T people!!! Not much art going on but in the header is a PostCard i made a little while ago that i don't think i've shown you. Its one of my first attempt with texture paste thru a stencil... Such fun!! I will definitely be trying this again! The background is recycled security envelopes cut into squares and glued down...



 More house pictures!!  I hope i haven't bored you to death with them... 


But you can see some real progress now... And i have so much to show you.... there's so much going on!  


Not much art ... unless you count the artful placing of items on the wall..... I hope to ad more suns as time goes on but for now i hope this placement will do... Its a rather large wall..... 


And this is at the top of the stairs....That painting is by my Mother in Law back in the 80's....Its my favorite piece of hers.....The curio cabinet is waiting to be filled...Lots more going on then even i've showed here... but no pictures of it yet...stay tuned.....


I say no time for art but i have had time to read... its how i like to relax in the evenings.....This is one of my favorite authors at the moment but i was not thrilled with this book... too religious for me and i was worried about that from the title and description but i gave it a go and i finished it but didn't love it... The fiction story is built around the world's largest supercollider and the clash of science and religion.... Love the author just the subject matter is not my cup of tea....



Now here is the same author .. Douglas Preston .. writing with Lincoln Child in a series i have come to love... revolving around Special Agent Aloysious Pendergast .... who reminds me very much of Sherlock Holmes.... This is one of the more recent books in the series although i believe there is one more i need to get my hands on... This was a very good mystery that started with a stolen wine collection and ended with Salem witches..!!! 

........And finally with my cup of coffee I'll leave off with Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King... This is an older book and i have to say i like Stephen Kings older books more than his recent offerings ... I love this book for the WAY it was written.... Delores is talking and she is telling the police her story... she readily admits she murdered her husband years before and tells why but no way did she just murder her employer... an older rich lady she looks after... Now this is all done in Delores's obvious but not unreadable Maine accent...And the whole thing is quite well done...

But as usual Stephen King can not put a decent ending on a story if it killed him... I wish i could go and rewrite all the endings of all his books...lol He likes to leave it to the reader to draw their own conclusions and i like things tied up in a neat little bow.....so there's that but its still a good read...  So Happy T day to everyone... Thank you to Ms. Elizabeth and Bleubeard for hosting another wonderful T party ... I hope the weeks leading up to Christmas are kind to you and full of magick!  Hugs! deb

22 comments:

Krisha said...

Oh, I LOVE the blue wall with the suns.......what a great accent wall!
I never tire of seeing your progress pictures! You two have done SO much to the place.....unbelievable! How is that CRAFT ROOM LOOKING?
I have not read your first author, but I have read a few Steven Kings...not real impressed with his endings either. The only movie I really enjoyed, of his, was the Silver Bullet......still watch it over and over!
I got your C. card before I even had all mine finished...LOL! I made it my first priority this morning!
I'll say Happy T-day now...after all, I'm still drinking my coffee....*grin*

The Weaver of Grass said...

I do love that tree on the wall Debs.
It is lovely to see you getting on so well with the house. I love the photos and know it must be beginning to feel more like home every day.

Rita said...

Love the blue wall! Color!
Totally agree with you on Stephen King--LOL!
Here I thought you weren't blogging and I wasn't getting your posts since I left T-Day because you don't have "follow by email". Duh! You've been posting all along. Told you I haven't been in top form for a long time--LOL! But I'd love it if you added the follow by email option. :)

CraftyViolet said...

Your house is going to be a show stopper when it's finished. Awesome job! I love to read too but I've been so busy lately that I've just been picking up light and easy read books from the library...nothing too dark or profound right now. Just something to settle my brain down. I actually think it's too bad you didn't contact a network and do a reality show about the reno job. The before and after shots would be awesome.

Let's Art Journal said...

That shade of blue is gorgeous and I love the way you have continued the blue up the stairs wall too - wonderful! Your sun artworks are spectacular, it would really make me smile having this wall in my house as it's like seeing the sun in the sky everyday - magic! The top of the stairs looks so welcoming and homely, you have really done a brilliant job renovating your house :-). I'm pleased you have time to relax with everything that's going on, and what could be better than reading your favourite author with a lovely cup of coffee! I hope the weeks leading up to Christmas are kind to you and full of magick too! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

You said there wasn't a lot of art going on and then I scrolled to that gorgeous blue wall covered in suns. If that ain't art, I don't know what is!

You nailed it on Stephen King. I can't stand to read his books because I know I'll be disappounted in the end.

I'll be looking for the Special Agent Aloysious Pendergast books. My hubby loves Sherlock Holmes, but I don't think he's read any of these. You just help tick off anther name on my Christmas list ;-)

pearshapedcrafting said...

I will never tire of seeing how the house decorating is coming along! I love how you have finished the wall! LoVe the new header too! Those books look like heavy going - I am reading two books at the moment - one fiction about Eleanor of Aquitaine and one non fiction about Philomena which was turned into a film! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your header is awesome, and since it's a postcard, I bet the recipient was happy, too.

The wall with the suns is fantastic. It's a lovely wall and looks like a gem. It certainly makes a grand statement upon entering, that's for sure.

I enjoyed a couple of Stephen King's books, but I agree the endings are wimpy. But, I enjoyed the cup of coffee you shared with us as we met Dolores Claiborne. Thanks for sharing your house updates and your book choices, as well as your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Divers and Sundry said...

"the artful placing of items on the wall" definitely counts :) I'm not familiar with Douglas Preston, and I think I've only read 1 -maybe 2- by Stephen King. Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

Dolores Claiborne is a really good book. I really enjoyed that one. And no, not sick of seeing your house. I love seeing how it is coming along. We have an addition my husband started on our house 16 years ago, still unfinished, so it is good to see that some people actually mvoe forward with their projects. :) Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Wow.. that looks fantastic!
Your home is really getting to be a wonderful place - gorgeous!
Happy T-Day Deb!

Valerie-Jael said...

Your house is progressing wonderfully, good for you, you work so hard. I Love the new header, and the technique you used. Have a good week, enjoy yourself, and happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

what a gorgeous idea: to paint a wall blue and decorate it with suns! this will always lift up your mood when looking at it!
and i love the bear as a Header. the texture of the paste Looks fine.
happy t-day!

chrissie said...

The header is terrific and the blue wall brought a taste of sunny days on this very fooggy freezing morning here in the UK

Happy T day

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Love the blue wall, it is going to be eye catching with those suns displayed there. Your house renovations have all been fantastic.
Love the new header.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh! I love that blue wall! Don't worry, I love looking at home improvement pictures. I suppose you going to have a railing/bannister at the top as well.
The authors (apart from Stepehen King) are all unknown to me, but I will look them up. I mainly read Kindle books that are free or 99p. And I have read some really good ones.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Darla said...

Your header/postcard is so rich looking with the texture you used. The blue wall is an eye catcher. I'm a little tired of white walls at the moment (but not painting for now). I always enjoy seeing the progress you are making on your house.

Halle said...

Your header is awesome but I'm even more in love with the blue wall with the sun art display. Awesome!

CJ Kennedy said...

Oh, that blue wall and the suns! Gorgeous! And I love the header piece with the bear. Black bear is my spirit animal. With your house renovations going on good for you for making time for yourself and reading. I used to be a big Stephen King fan. Read pretty much all of his early works. I got bored with the same turns of phrase. Haven't read any of his later stuff. Maybe I should give him another go. thanks for the peek around your home. It's going to look fabulous. Have a great day

loveofcollage said...

love that blue and I too love reading and have just finished a really good book about Sidney Poitier and his letters to his grand daughter

Lori said...

Love that paint color!

I agree on SKs older novels being better than the newer stuff. My very favorite novel of his is The Stand. I do love his earlier short stories as well, particularly from Night Shift.

Cazzy said...

Hi JG, and happy belated T for Tuesday. I like to read myself to sleep these days too, I also love Stephen King but his mind scares me a little lol.
Your wall is looking good, I once painted one of the bedrooms with a ceiling, woodwork and radiator that colour blue with orange walls, then found matching wooden frames and got mirrors cut to fit and had a row down one wall, and found some African prints that went with the colours and a Monet print and I loved it. Hubby was away while I did it, he was planning on magnolia so was never happy with me or it and eventually it got painted over in a light colour but not magnolia, chocolate milkshake I think!
Carol