Sunday, January 1, 2017

Kudos......


I give great kudos to all my fellow T Party People who celebrated the Holidays and still managed to join the T party... I was not one of them.....  :( Too much cooking and visitors and such i just could not make it happen...



But i'm here now bringing in the New Year with a house project post....warning.... lots of photos.. but i will try to keep my words brief..(cough, cough) ...  Above is a mirror we bought at a local auction... Granted i paid too much... i think.. but then i'm cheap... We paid $15 but i thought it was OLD and solid wood... Its neither....but it is still COOooool... :) 


We took the back off and kept track of all the screws with a magnet.....worked really great.....


All these pics should enlarge if your interested in a closer look... You can see the rubber seal all the way around it...took it off and removed the mirror.....


Flipped it over and now you can see the original color (or the color it was when i bought it) If you look in the lower right hand corner you can see where it was broken... 


We glued that and put clamps on it over night...


Then i spray painted it that oil rubbed bronze and highlighted it with copper.....You can see it better below..... And here it is hanging in the Guest Bedroom....


You can see the copper highlights here....




..and here.....



One more show and tell.... Remember the finished closet in the Guest Bedroom?


Well while on a flea market scavenger hunt last year i found these handles and could not resist!


 I paid  $20 for the pair... too much , too much but again ... another case of me falling in love with their quirkiness.... I'm glad i got them....who knows.. they seem one of a kind... maybe they are by some famous artist and i just don't know it..lol 

And finally for my T people over at MsP. Elizabeth's and Bleubeard 's.... My usual cup of coffee in my usual chipped coffee mug along with my most recent sketch... If you click it large you'll see its clams inspired by a picture i saw in a National Geographic magazine... lol   If anyone is interested in coloring it i have the black and white line drawing......I'am so looking forward to another year of T partying with you... Happy New Year everyone!!! Hugs! deb
PS... if anyone is wondering.... the header picture was taken in a little shop in Sacramento, CA.... 

21 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I think you flea finds are pretty cool, especially those HANDLES!! So unique. A real treasure find. Every mirror on my walls have come from flea or garage sale finds. They are the best! Happy New Year Deb.
xx, Carol

Lori said...

That mirror turned out great! Even if it isn't a true antique or solid wood, it's still so pretty with all that ornate detail.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I just love those finds Debs - particularly the door handles.

CraftyViolet said...

Love, love, love those handles! You have a good eye and find some real treasures. The mirror turned out beautiful too. Your house is going to be a real show stopper. Too bad you didn't sign up for a HGTV show about home renos. It would have been one that I would have watched - and I don't watch much TV!

Valerie-Jael said...

What wonderful photos. I love those stars in your header, and of course, the door handles and the mirror, what treasures! Have a great week and a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Cool pieces! I think you did just fine on the mirror-it looks great finished on your wall. And those are really interesting door handles. Do they dress up the closet doors. Happy T Day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The mirror may not have been as old as you originally thought, but you made it antique by adding the paint. Of curse, you had me at copper (grin).

Those door handles are incredible. I agree they are probably quite rare and quirky, too. They certainly dress up your really crafty new home.

Thanks for sharing these, your lovely stars in your blog banner, your latest sketch, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

Lisca Meijer said...

Yes, I was wondering about your header picture. It is beautiful.
Well, that mirror certainly has had a make-over! Well done you. I love it!
The wardrobe handles are very special. I have never seen anything like it. (Neither have you I guess). I would have bought them too. Definitely unique!
Happy New Year and happy T-Day,
Hugs.
Lisca

Linda Kunsman said...

Happy New year!! I too missed the T parties over the holidays. Love your header-and I have one of those blue hanging stars-it holds a tealight! Old or not that is a gorgeous mirror-especially with the new paint job-wow. And those handles-love them! I wouldn't have been able to resist them either.Very unique. Your drawing is excellent and so detailed. Happy T day!

Darla said...

Great job with the mirror rescue. The handles are so unusual and delightfully whimsical. I think unusual pieces like you have found really give a house character.

Meggymay said...

You for sure got some bargains at the Fleamarkets. The mirror looks fantastic since you gave it the makeover. I think the handles look wonderful as well.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

~*~Patty S said...

That mirror frame is gorgeous and worth the $$$ as are your fun door handles. Quirky always works in my book.
Blue glass always speaks to me.
Your header is lovely.
Happy first T Day of 2017 Deb
oxo

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy New Year and I'm loving the stars on your new header! I'm in awe of your start to the year, you have beautifully restored the mirror back to its full glory - it looks amazing. I'm definately going to try keeping the screws on a magnet, such a fantastic idea, thanks :-). As for your new handles, they are a great find and worth every penny - gorgeous design and delicate workmanship! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J :-)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I don't think you paid too much for either of those great finds! The door handles are really unique and just delightful. The mirror is gorgeous - especially after your repair and artful refinishing. You did a terrific job!

Can't wait to see the crab drawing finished and at a better angle. So nice to have you back at the T party, Deb ;-)

Happy T Day! Hugs, Eileen

johanna said...

i wish i would ever find something so incredibly beautiful like the handles on a fleamarket! the idea with the magnet is worth remembering...
have a wonderful t-day and a happy year 2017!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! A brilliant transformation! I must say I would have grabbed at those handles too - fabulous! Happy New Year and Happy T Day! Chrisx

Dianne said...

really stunning mirror and beautiful door handles! Lovely artwork too...Happy T Day, and Happy New Year!

CJ Kennedy said...

The mirror is fabulous! And I love the door handles. Happy New Year and Happy T Day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Just treasures!
Awesome!
Happy New Year Deb!
oxo Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy New Year! That sketch would be challenging for me to color :)

Diana said...

I love your mirror and the door handles are adorable. Your guests are going to love their room. I've never seen anything like the door handles before. Totally adorable!