Sunday, January 15, 2017

T stands for posTcards.........



I thought .....  maybe .... with alot of us in the US dealing with rain, ice, snow and just plain dreary conditions maybe we could use a bit of color and art in our day with our tea..... or coffee.. or you get the idea.....


The above posTcard was created by our fellow T partier Eileen .. She made this in her hotel room while on a trip! and it all started with a picture off the side of a tissue box... It has wonderful silver highlights on it! 



The above posTcard is from Eileen too.. and it started life as a paper towel used to wipe up paint....


The posTcards above and below are also by Eileen ... aren't they exquisitely simple yet lovely? And yes theres been some oatmeal raisin cookies happening around here...  :)



Some posTcard arT found its way to my mailbox from another fellow T partier... Krisha!!! 


I just love this bright cheerful ART posTcard above....



A closeup of this posTcard reveals some wonderful shades of colors. Krisha made the above posTcard while having some arty fun with her granddaughters....... T people please note my yummy cherry coke zero.........



The above posTcard is one i sent ....The background happened by chance as i was trying to cover the chipboard... i was trying to blend it out and suddenly looked at it and liked it..lol  The rest is from recycling an old calendar ...... The quote says 'There's more to balance than not falling over' ...... 
Now i know if you've been visiting me for a while you've seen these mushrooms i sketched and house before but i made a new posTcard with them.. the little birds are stickers...... I've decided this year.... i'm going to concentrate on using all the little bits and bobs i've accumulated  ... and theres alot....  in my posTcards... I keep finding things and saying 'Oh this will make a cute posTcard one day and then i set it aside and forget about it until i find the next 'cute thing'... 

So there may be some 'odd' posTcards in my future and the future of my swap partners while i stretch my little brain and figure out how to use this stuff... I hope you've enjoyed looking at all the posTcards i've received and sent over the last couple months... Enjoy the rest of the T party and the rest of your week...!!! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

21 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Love the balance quote!! So true. Letter will follow soon.

Krisha said...

Early Happy T-day wishes.
I'm actually thinking of framing the last PC you sent.....I just love that whimsical house. All the rest I have been putting a book....yes I'm saving them LOL!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Oh my, what a surprise to see 4 postcards from me to start this post. I didn't realize I'd done so many - lol. I always feel like I'm behind. I must work on that attitude this year!

Krisha's postcards are wonderful! I love your balance quote and card. The background you did gives the impression of waterfalls - just perfect behind the tower of stones.

I look forward to seeing your "odd" postcards. No matter what you create, there's always delightul whimsy and symbolism.

Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun collection of cards! You were a lucky lady to get them. Hope its a happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

such a marvelous collection of art postcards Deb! I did one this week too:) I do enjoy that size and try to implement the same idea of using scraps and bits in my bins. Your illustration is really super too! Happy T day!

CraftyViolet said...

Great postcards but yours speaks volumes! Love the quote. I know what you mean about keeping little bits that will perfect for a project and then forgetting about them. I'm on a 'use your stash' right now too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore the beautiful posTcards you received, and the one you sent Krisha. I simply adore that wonky house. And of course, the whole idea of recycling and using up what you have is paramount in my world, too. Thanks for sharing your received and sent posTcards and your cherry coke with us for T this nearly Tuesday. I am in awe of your recycling efforts.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your postcards are great, and a good idea to use up all those bits, I always have so many, too. Happy T Day,hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

all of the postcards, received and selfmade, are so beautiful! and i´m also into Recycling These days, we all have too much stuff i think;)
happy t-day, deb!

chrissie said...

Happy T Day

Such terrific postcards you have shown in this post. Always like the idea of using up things that would be thrown away. A lot of my crafting is based on that.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh you artsy ladies all! Such fabulous postcards!
Amazing!
Happy T-Day Deb!♥
oxo Susi

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh what lovely postcards! I love postcards. These are so original.
Very good of you to start using stuff you have set aside. It will make for some surprisingly great cards. Using up stash is on most people's list of resolutions.. (Until the next must-have comes along).
Have a good week,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

What beautiful postcards you have received from Eileen and Krisha! I really like your balance art work, especially all the little birds balancing on top of each other :-). Raisin oatmeal cookies look delicious too - Happy T Day! J :-)

Darla said...

Oh yes, I enjoyed your posTcards very much and they brightened my morning. (It is still early and dark here). I think it is great that you have an exchange going on.

Karla B said...

Gorgeous postcards from you, Eilleen and Krisha. Art is an incrwdible thing. It makes our hearts lighter and binds us together.Happy T Day! J :-)

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful collection of post cards, lovely to have and look at to cheer up a dull day.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies, and they'd be a real treat in these dreary days. Happy T Tuesday!

~*~Patty S said...

Dear Deb
Thanks for sharing so much creativity from friends and yours too of course!
Postcards are a great little canvas size for creating with.
Happy T Day to ya.
Thank you for visiting my Magpie's Nest and leaving your nice comment.
oxo from rainy grey Virginia

CJ Kennedy said...

the postcards are great! So nice to see color. The ice storm that swept the midWest will be arriving here tonight. The little bird stickers are too cute. I'm also on a quest to use up what I have instead of always buying more. Wish me luck with that :-D Happy T Day

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's great to see all those postcards - such lovely art on all of them! Great to use up bits and pieces too! Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

Looks like fun-a great way to express ourselves with art