Sunday, February 19, 2017

T stands for Tools of the Trade.....


Well this last week has been all about workin' in the CraftRoom baby!!! Yes! Above you can see the tools of my trade...lol  ...Thats a dust mask and a handkerchief  to go over my hair... if i don't the dust dries my hair out like nobody's business... a power sander and a hand sanding block... I like to use the sanding block when i can...it doesn't create as much dust... then a towel if i need to dust off an area to see better...

 Aaahhh the CraftRoom.... I apologize for the poor lighting.... Still have a ways to go but if you only knew how far we've come... that far side of the room is almost done... then we move all the stuff on this side over there and put sheetrock on the roof!!!I won't have to look at those rafters anymore!!! 

 See that three foot space between the light and the wall?? Thats how much i have left to sand over there... thats it!! Infact since i took this photo the other day i've almost gotrdone!  


Well since i sketched that girl w/ mug for the Warm Winter Wishes page i've had coffee mugs and coffee cups on the brain... So i sketched a few in my notebook and then made templates out of them so i can use them in the future..
What to do with the sketches in my notebook after i made the templates??? Why have a play with them... Here i added a morning glory vine and used gesso to block out the lines... I have to be careful not to use too much gesso .. this paper wasn't made for that..

Well my Tea People i hope you enjoyed a peek at my CraftRoom... I think we are going to make great strides in there next month... 'knock on wood'... If you don't know about Elizabeth and the Tea People... just hope on over to Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's  and she'll tell you all about it..  Big Hugs! deb

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy T Day on Monday, Deb! Glad you are really getting there with your renovations, you have done so much hard work these past months. Soon you will be able to enjoy it. Your mugs are lovely. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Yippee-ki-yay, Deb! Which do you feel more: exhausted or excited? I'm excited for you. I can only imagine what kind of art and crafts you'll be able to create in there. You'll be in 7th heaven:D

Love the template idea. I bet tea cups would make very popular stamps.

Happy T-Day, girlfriend! Hugs, Eileen

CraftyViolet said...

That craft room is getting that "I'm almost done" look! I'll bet the creative juices will start really flowing now.

My name is Erika. said...

You have to be SOOOOOOOO excited to get your craft room done. How exciting. Dust mask and hair covering, worth it for some fun space. Happy T day Deb. hugs Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

how awesome to have the craft room and getting so much further with the renovations Deb!! I know you are going to have a blast creating fabulous art projects. Happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Deb, looks like your walls are coming along for your craft room-you gotta be excited! thanks again for the invite

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is about the last place you have to work on, isn't it? I'm so glad you are documenting this room so we can see how far it's come. I look forward to the day you can call it complete. I'm truly impressed with everything you have done to this house since you started.

Those templates are incredible. I am truly impressed with the mugs you made. I also love the traditional cup, too. You draw so well. Thanks for sharing these with us for T this Tuesday and thanks for sharing your craft room update, too.

I also want to thank you for inviting Kathy to join us. I'm fairly sure you are the guilty (GRIN) party.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Oh you came so far with all the hard work! Super!!! The mugs look great with the gesso - you can make art from nothing ... and that is a gift!
We see it what you and your hubby made out of this house - wonderful!
Happy T-Day

chrissie said...

Looks like a long job and a difficult one as well. It will be amazing in the end I bet.

Love the sketching

Happy T Day

Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

You are going to have an amazing space to work in when you finish the craftroom renovations. Great sketches as well.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, that's one big craftroom and it looks like you are having so much fun decorating it and making it your own crafty space :-). I love your purple workin' gear too :-). Your templates are such a good idea, lovely sketches to use again and again! Happy T Day! J :-)

Lori said...

That craft room looks like it has nice lighting!

Divers and Sundry said...

I can tell a lot of hard work is going into it, but you will have quite the space when it's done :)

Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a glorious craftroom you'll have. So much space to work in. Fun idea with the templates. I was just thinking about morning glories this morning. Unseasonably warm temps. are giving me Spring fever. Was thinking of repurposing the ladder from the swingset as a trellis for the morning glories to climb on. Enjoy your T Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! You are getting a lot done and hope the rest becomes easier for you! Your mugs and cups are so beautiful! Great idea to make templates! Happy T Day, Chrisx

Dianne said...

Oh to have a dedicated craft room... Would be so great! And by your own hands too! Fun cup shapes...Don't know how you have the energy! Happy T Day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh you must be so excited! It's coming on Little by Little. Well done you for doing all that work!
I love your mugs and cups.
Happy T-day,
Lisca

johanna said...

gorgeous templates of the Cups! i love your current blogheader;) and you will be happy there, soon!
happy t-day!

Krisha said...

Yiippee! Finally a peek at your new craft space, and what a space that is going to be....lucky girl!!

To answer your question about designated drivers and wineries: My hubby is always my designated driver, since he isn't really a wine drinker, and with a class A drivers license....just doesn't take those chances. He will take a sip now and then.....maybe one per every other winery....and I do mean just a sip!! Now me???? sometimes I ask for a second tasting.....LOL!

Love the template, aren't they fun to use???

Belated T-day wishes my friend.