Sunday, February 26, 2017

T stands for Two Households...........


GoodMorning my TeaPeople and everyone who pops by once a week to visit me.. Its a gloomy Sunday morning as i sit here typing this Tuesday post... I'm a little stiff and sore in places i haven't been for quite a while...We finished putting insulation in the ceiling of our neighbor's house yesterday and working over your head for a prolonged time is never fun...



At the same time we try to continue work on our house...... We are putting sheetrock on the ceiling of the OTHER half of the craftroom...(again working over our heads) Maybe you can tell we also created a false wall to hide the plumbing and the concrete walls... remember this used to be a garage... See that green pole....there are two of them ( the other is out of frame) Can you tell theres a piece of metal between them? Anway thats where my island will be....



As usual i still find time for art....Its my zen... Remember the mug drawings... Well here i pulled out my acrylic paints and had a play...I'm still learning how to manipulate the paints to get them to do what i want them to do... But i enjoy the learning process...It doesn't show up on camera so much but the shading on the mug i think is better in real life...
Backgrounds are always an after thought to me... That is sooo frustrating...So much easier to do a background then paint on top than to try to get a background in around the focal image... 
***Something momentous happened when i showed this to hubby... he said it was 'beautiful' and i quote... ' You really should start painting on good paper' Woot Woot!!

And to top it all off Spring has sprung around here...The daffodils are up in force...beautiful spots of color... the Bradford Pear trees are in bloom... white everywhere... like snow... the snow we haven't had this year....Fall and Winter are never long enough for me... yes i'am one of THOSE rare people..lol I hope everyone has a wonderful day... I'll be spending mine out in the yard picking up limbs and rocks.. that is after  i do a little mudding on the walls... multitasking you know...:) Happy happy T day to everyone... I'll be popping in to visit... Hugs! deb

20 comments:

Krisha said...

You get an island in your craft room???!!! Oh, that is just so NOT fair......LOL!!!
Yes, your hubby is very right, you need to start using some watercolor paper for your lovely drawings! Or even a mixed media paper tablet. ................it's just paper without the lines!!
I have an event this afternoon and once I'm back from that I'll start my T-day post.....it will be an other long one with lots of photos................been a super busy week around here.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I need an island in MY craft room. Or at least a craft room big enough to HAVE an island, lol. Well, hope you guys get finished with your second house soon so you can devote your time to finishing your place.
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

I'm so envious of the kind of art room you will have - mine is part of one wall in the basement with a mix-mash of units and a table.

I agree with Alvin - start painting on wood or good quality paper. Use a 40% off coupon and buy a package....mixed media paper is better for acrylics. I usually paint with acrylics on wood or slate.

I have snowdrops blooming in my garden and the other spring bulbs are popping up but its a wee bit too early for Ontario for them to be up. If it gets really cold again, they could be in trouble.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

This will be an out of this earth craft room I guess... just super!
Great painting and header Deb - I agree with you that it is much easier to bring the main image to an already finished background!
Oh yes!!! Spring is really near..here finally as well.
Happy T-Day!
oxo Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

An island in your craft room? Wow, that's fabulous - and also a very clever way to put those iron columns to use (or at least disguise them). Brilliant!

"You really should start painting on good paper" is high praise and he's right. I tend to overthink the whole image before I can put pencil to paper (and then nothing gets finished;-). Keep doin' what you're doin'. It's great!

Linda Kunsman said...

oh how I love the idea of an island! Lovely painting Deb, and YES- ORDER away for the good papers!! Your hubby has a good eye for art:) Happy T day-and take care to rest your weary body.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy T Day the island in your craft room will be perfect! You must be getting excited about the progress-spring here too-they are saying bad storms coming in tonight and tomorrow-

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting is gorgeous, and hubby is right that you should start painting on good paper! Love the new header. Hope this week won't be so strenuous, but you're getting there! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

How lovely to see the progress you are making on your craftroom, the island will be a perfect addition - it's going to be so amazing! And it sounds like you have been busy with helping your neighbours out too, that's very kind of you! What a lovely hubby you have, good paper would probably allow you to add that background easier after you have created your beautiful images too :-). Isn't it lovely to see the daffodils, it feel like Spring is just around the corner. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

~*~Patty S said...

As much as I Love Winter Spring is always welcome with all of the blooms. We never did get a decent snow here in northern VA...not yet anyway.
Gosh I had to reread that you were working at your neighbor's house too! You all have quite a lot going on and my neck hurts thinking about all the looking up and stretching.
Your morning glories are lovely and hubbie is right about you deserving the best paper!
Happy last T Day of February dear Deb.
oxo

chrissie said...

Your painting is wonderful with beautiful colours

Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Oh my your craft space is going to be amazing, especially with an island as your work surface.
You have been so busy, but getting into the crafting zone does help to get away from other things going on around us.
Your painting looks wonderful and so does those pretty spring flower photos.
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love daffodils!!! A sure sign that spring is here, and I am ready for it.

Working above your head is definitely hard. I haven't been able to do that for a while, so my hat's off to you. Take care :)

Happy T Tuesday!

johanna said...

you are making me super curious about your craft room!! i´m already envious;)
snowdrops and crocus finally out here - daffodils not yet.
happy t-day!

Lisca Meijer said...

Wow, that craftroom is coming on nicely. An island in your craft room. What luxury!
I love your mug painting. Does yourhusband's comment mean he gives you permission to buy proper paper? That would be nice...
Lovely daffodils. Spring is truly on its way.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

You surely can't be far away from having an amazing craft room! I love your mug and how great that hubby said that! We had lovely signs of Spring on it's way….then today it snowed!! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel horrible that it has taken me so long to visit. I'm not a very good host this week.

I agree with your husband. Your art should be out there for others to see and enjoy. I certainly like it. It is wonderful. I really LOVE the mug with the floral trellis on the handle. It is amazing.

Working overhead is the hardest part of the renovation process. I feel for you. I feel in my arms, my neck, my back, my . . . .

Thanks for the latest update on your craft area and this incredible mug you shared with us for T this Tuesday. Yes, it's still Tuesday here for a few more minutes.

Carol said...

Just reading about all the work you have been doing makes my body hurt!!! Your craft studio will be amazing when it's finished ♥ Love the painting and my hubby is always telling me to stop using cheap papers to paint on too. I'm loving all of the Spring flowers but also worried about the summer heat and lack of snow and rain.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your craft room will be spectacular and so worth all the stiff necks and sore shoulders. Your still life painting is charming and for me, invoke the same Spring fever as your daffodils. Belated Happy T Day!

Karla B said...

Lovely mug my friend!Here Fall is arriving and I am so glad because it's been very hot. Your daffodils are amazing!Spring is an inspiring season. Happy belated T Day!