Monday, February 13, 2017

T Stands for Valentine's Day..........



Things have been soooo crazy around here.... New friends and neighbors of ours is building a new house and they are in a time crunch to get out of the old house and in to the new so we are lending our expertise and labor on putting up insulation in the walls and ceiling etc... and a myriad of other things... Wednesday is moving day for them so we've been running around like crazy trying to help ... along with the electricians and plumbers... HVAC people... Generac people... just nuts... But ... i did find time to make two Valentine postcards for my swap partners... 


They may look identical but they are slightly different... Let me quickly walk you thru the process... Ofcourse it all starts with cereal box chip board... glued a napkin covered with butterflies on ... Then in a trick 'new to me'... I watered down some gesso and put it on top of the butterflies to help 'push' that into the back ground.. 


Then i used a fabulous new stencil and colored some modeling paste black and put it thru the stencil ... the flowers are cut out from a magazine... and the butterflies are left over from making those bookmarks a couple weeks ago...  If you look close you'll find a gold and/or silver heart there too... that is actually a metallic jewelry tattoo sticker.. I hope they like them... I put everything in an envelope this time and tucked in one of those butterfly napkins to be used in their own art... 

..............and finally for my T people...over there at Ms. Elizabeth's..
You've already seen this but since the Tparty i've added snowflakes... and i thought you might like to see...... :) Happy happy Tday everyone!!! Things are still a little crazy around here until we get them moved in their new house so it may take me a couple days to get around to everyone... Big Hugs! deb

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tea page and the tags are wonderful, love them. Sorry you have had such a lot of extra work,Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie as if you didn't have enough to do anyway.

CraftyViolet said...

Lovely postcard. Yes, that watered down gesso is excellent to work with.
So nice of you to help your neighbours when you are so busy yourselves. Too bad this doesn't happen more often.

My name is Erika. said...

That T page looks a little too much like my neck of the woods. We just have way too much snow for this non-winter gal. :) But your postcards are just gorgeous. I bet your new neighbors are really appreciating your help. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

You are a very special neighbor to help like that as busy as you are with your own renovations Deb-kudos to you! Gorgeous cards- how I love that vibrant pop of red!! Sweet winter wishes page. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Deb, you are a gem. Your helping your friends shows your kindness and generosity. That makes you very special.

I loved the Valentine cards. They are beautiful, and I had never heard of that gesso technique, but must try it one of these days. It was remarkable you found time to make these as busy as you have been.


Thanks for sharing your darling art journal page, your Valentine postcards, and your warm drawn mug with us for T this Tuesday. Take care and don't worry about the visit. Just take care of your needs and yourselves. Happy Valentine's Day, too.

Rike said...

It is so good to have neighbours like you are!
Your Valentine's cards are very beautiful - and I like especially the snow flakes on your cute drawing!
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy T Day!
Rike x

Meggymay said...

It is so good to be neighbourly, I'm sure your help is very much appreciated.
The cards you made a beautiful and its a lovely page to share with us.
Happy T Day.
Yvonne xx

chrissie said...

Nice of you to be helping people-so kind.

Love the artwork it is so beautiful

Happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Glad you have some neighbors you like. Love the cards.
Happy Valentine's Day.
xx, Carol

Lisca Meijer said...

That is so kind of you to help you new-to-be neighbours with the build and move. I hope it will become a long friendship, as you will be living close to each other.
Your little cards are beautiful. The recipient will be very pleased I'm sure.
And your little snowflake drawing made me smile. I've just been talking to myself and telling myself I must do more drawing in my diary/planner.
Happy Valentine's T-Day,
Lisca

froebelsternchen Susi said...

You made two fantastic Mixed Media cards Deb and I love to see the tea girl as well!
Good luck with the move of your friends!
So nice of you to help theme ♥
Happy Valentine's and T-Day !
oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Your postcards are beautiful, I love the way you used the gesso to push the butterflies into the background :-). The addition of the snowflakes finishes your page off beautifully! Hope the move goes well and wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

Sandra Cox said...

Your cards are beautiful:)
Happy Valentine's Day.

johanna said...

i love how you added the snowflakes... how lucky your neighborhood must be to have such helping People around...
happy t-day!

Krisha said...

Just stopping by to say I LOVE MY PC AND VALENTINE! I grabbed them from the mail box as I was getting in the truck to head for the coast for four days. We just got back last night and I don't have a T-day post ready, so photos ( still on phone and camera) will have to wait till next week.
I do like the Minions and have taken the GDs to see the movies......laughed till I cried.....so the PC was perfect! THANK YOU!! ( I adore the napkin and now will have to resist the urge to hoard it)

Dianne said...

wow, crazy...you've got an awful lot on your plate! guess when you know about remodeling then your skills are very 'in demand!' so nice of you to help them out. Beautiful Valentines!! and fun snowflake art. Happy T and Valentine's Day! ♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! Love your gorgeous Valentines postcards! I'm surprised you did find time - you seem to be very busy!Love the addition of the snowflakes to your page! Happy T Day!Chrisx

Carol said...

Great postcards!! I don't envy you the crazy crunch for move in day... it's enough to drive you crazy even if you aren't the one moving. Just being involved is enough. HOpe you get the chance to catch your breath and relax soon!!!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I LOVE my card and am delighted to find the step-by-step here. Thanks for sharing the details.

The gesso effect is lovely. I see layers upon layers. I just looked more closely and can see that the bottom layer is actually the cereal nutrition facts showing through! It looks like an expensive Tim Holtz-type tissue paper - lol.

Happt T Day, Deb! Hugs, Eileen

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those are so creative and artistic! Thanks for sharing such unique ideas.