Saturday, March 4, 2017

T Stands for Taking you With Me.......

I colored in my cup drawing..Coffee First!

....Where am i taking you ? You might ask.... well first we are going to sit here and take a deep breath ... have a little tea or coffee or whatever you like and just breathe..... maybe look at a little art...

PostCard from Eileen

... I don't think i realized that once your hubby retires you rarely get a moment to yourself.... and you know you can love your hubby with your whole heart and soul and STILL miss that occasional time to yourself...

PostCard from Eileen

Well hubby has gone to town with the neighbor and i'am having one of those rare moments to myself and i decided to spend it with my fellow Tea partiers over there at Ms. Elizabeth's!  

PostCard from Krisha

So now that you've had your spot of tea or coffee and are hopefully re-energized buckle up cause we are going on a road trip.... A little picture heavy post here so we'll keep commentary to a minimum.... aw come on i PROMISE....   :) 


Arkansas scenery........ Sometimes you just need to get away for a day.... so we headed to Branson, MO..... 


Lots of trees and rolling hills......



Look upper middle left..... trust me .. no Arkansas country side would be complete without a few of these.... chicken houses.. chicken is big business in Arkansas... When we were looking for a house we always did a satellite search to make sure we were far enough away from the chicken coops cause they STINK! 


Found this interesting tree along the highway... once i saw one i started seeing them everywhere so whatever they are they are very common... 


No leaves yet ofcourse but they were putting out these stalks of buds... i have no idea what the flower looks like... I did an internet search with no luck.... 


Lots of seedpods... I collected a few seeds to see if i can get it to grow.. I love blooming trees... If anyone has any idea what this is please clue me in... :) 



A little flea marketing and antique shopping was to be had... but we didn't find a thing... well... we found a few things but they were more than we wanted to pay :(


I cannot tell a lie.... i did get lost in here for awhile... pretty bad when the closest Michaels is in a different state! I bought a gear stencil here.... many things found their way into the cart but only one made it through the checkout... do you do that... pick up things and talk yourself out of it before you hit the register?? 


On the way home someone was having a prescribed burn ... the parks dept i think .. anyway it was smoky and hazy all the way home... kinda pretty in some places... 


We decided to take the back roads home.... thats fun to do sometimes... travel roads you've never been on...the gps makes it easy...  We came across this one lane bridge.. it looked ancient.... 


Look at those boards!  On the other side was the town of Beaver... It had a huge sign that said 'Welcome to Nostalgia ... where all the neighbors are friends'.... a little strange but kinda nice too.. 


We arrived back in our town just as the sun was setting... It was a long and a little disappointing trip .. Its a rare occassion for us to go flea marketing or estate saling and not find SOMETHING to get excited about... and then we stopped in Joe's Crab Shack for some seafood... we hadn't been in about 8 months and the prices had gone up and the quality and quantity of food had gone down... so a little bummer there... just not the best trip in the whole scheme of things... but i always love getting out of town with my honey... so thats the upside.. :)




If you managed to hang on this long how about a quick peek into the craftroom....  We purchased some more counter top!!! 


The false wall on the other side of the room is going up swiftly and hubby is putting in my cast iron sink... It came with the house and being cast iron and in excellent shape i just had to keep it..The false walls will hide the concrete walls and the plumbing...Knock on wood the craftroom seems to be coming along in leaps and bounds at the moment... keep your fingers crossed it continues.... :)  Thanks so much for visiting so long... I know we have alot of Tea friends to visit so i try to keep it shorter... but i had so much to share this time.. Take care and i'll be around to visit soon!!! Hugs! deb 


19 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The seed pods on the trees look like my Rose of Sharon. Mine reseed everywhere. I love them, Terry hates them...so what, lol. I have found the older we get, the less we find at estate sales and I'm more selective of what I purchase at Michael's and Hobby Lobby. Glad you got a day away, even though you hoped it would be more exciting. It's always good to take a day together. I used to have some alone time when Terry visited his dad. Now that Dad is gone, Terry is here ALL the time. Pros and Cons!
xx, CArol

CraftyViolet said...

Hubby and I have been together since 1999 - he retired and six weeks later I got hit with the brain disorders and then brain surgery. He was my rock through it all...and still is....okay, a little over protective sometimes but that's better than not caring! Luckily we are still in the house so we can spread out and do our own thing.

Sorry your road trip was a bust - been there and done that too. Some times the going and coming scenery is better than the destination. We like the back roads too.

Hubby does not like antiques but he wanders around flea markets with me just the same...but we don't really need a thing so we seldom buy anything. Sometimes its a "Wow, I remember that and its an antique?" which makes us feel old.

Your craft room will be awesome!...and yes, you need a sink especially if you are going to do a lot of painting.

Krisha said...

Well, here I am on Sunday reading your T-day post for Tuesday and I don't write mine till Monday.......what DAY IS IT AGAIN???? LOL!!
Fun post Deb, a little disheartening that you didn't find hidden gold in those estate sales.
Glad you like the PC, it was fun to do and using glossy medium is not something I gravitate too either, but this card re-inspired me to use it again.

EARLY T-day wishes...................ooooh I need some wine!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You got some wonderful postcards from friends. So glad you shared them with us.

From my experience with Branson, the closer you get to it, the more costly the items in antique stores. I used to go off the beaten path and find some purchases in small towns. Like the chicken farms, every small town has one of those stores. And yes, because I used to live close to the Ark. border, I am well aware of those chicken farms.

Yes, I have walked around stores like Michael's and JoAnn's and put things back, too. Can't do that with fabric, though.

I adore your lovely cup you drew. It is fabulous. You need to start putting these on saleable canvases. People would buy them, I'm sure.

Thanks for sharing your trip to Branson, your soon to be completed craft room, and your lovely drawn cup with us for T this soon-to-be Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of the wonderful trip you made. The painted cup with the steam curling from it is fantastic. It was wise to put some things bck at the craft store, a lot comes together in a short time. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Happy T Day

I loved the trip by photograph with so many beautiful places to see.

Fantastic artwork and all so different but special in their own way

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

What a pretty little road trip you took. And nice shopping spot too! You've been busy with all your art-its all looking great! I need some art time-badly! Happy T day Deb. Enjoy it. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful cup drawing and those postcards from Eileen and Krisha are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your road trip, the scenery is so beautiful and I had to laugh as I was thinking the chicken farms are so quaint and didn't think of the stink (grin!). Nice that you got to spend time with your honey too. Your craft room is going to be awesome, you are so lucky to have space and plumbing for a sink, amazing! Wishing you many Happy T Day! J :-)

Linda Kunsman said...

Lovely teacup drawing Deb! And great postcard art too. I enjoyed going along on your trip because anywhere west of Lancaster, PA is foreign to me:) Too bad you didn't find any good estate sales along the way but it looks like a good time nonetheless. I must say I love visiting farms and just don't pay attention to the smells, but then, it's only because I love animals so. Just don't let me near a slaughtering farm! Your home is really coming along and I would def. have kept that sink too. Enjoy the rest of the week and happy T day!

Meggymay said...

It was good taking the trip with you via the photos you shared. the country views must be awesome to see in real life, not sure I'd like the chicken smells either. Years ago we had a pig farm close by, sadly they lost all their animals in the last Foot and Mouth that hit the UK and gave up, sad for the pigs but all the locals were pleased about the smell.
I love your drawings and art, your craft space is progressing and the sink for sure sounds a keeper..
Happy T day
Yvonne xx

Darla said...

Your cup drawing is great. I can't wait to see the completed craft room because I can imagine more of your great art being produced there.

Always enjoy photo's of areas of the country I've never visited.

~*~Patty S said...

Such a lovely teacup dear Deb...ahhhhh
AND such cool travel photos too.
I once had the bright idea to bring home a bag of chicken manure in the back of our Jimmy.
Suffice it to say that was the longest trip home EVER because even with windows wide open I could hardly breathe hah!
Exciting to see the progress in your home...You all have done SO much!
Regarding retirement, I can only imagine how tricky it is to adjust after being used to more alone time.
God luv em!
Happy T Day to ya oxo

johanna said...

love that drawing of the Cup with the to do list! yes, coffee first:)
happy t-day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never been to Branson, but my several trips to Arkansas make me agree with you that there's great scenery in Arkansas :) I hope your seed pods give you a bloom you like.

Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

It's always a pleasant surprise to see my postcard art on your site. Thank you, Deb.

Interesting trees. I have no idea. I hope your seeds sprout so you can let us know ... in 3 or 4 years ... lol.

When I'm craft shopping, I rarely put things back that I've put in my cart. And my hubby is very supportive. Since I only get to Michael's about once a year, he keeps saying, "Buy it. You won't be able to get it in Mexico." All that said, I deliberate long and hard before adding anything to the cart. Picking out pads of patterned papers is the hardest!

Ooo, the craft room ... ooo, ooo, ooo ...

Happy T-day, girlfriend! Hugs, Eileen

Dianne said...

I love a good flea market or antique mall too, too bad you didn't find anything to be excited about, but you did see some pretty scenery! Can't wait to see your new craft room take shape! happy T day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Alwas good to take a little OUT and ABOUT - well done - and I laughed out loud now a few times during reading all this. I am quite a similar character I guess...lol! Even your area looks a bit like my surroundings here in the North of Austria, where I live.
I so adore your wonderful new header!
Just gorgeous art always Deb!
Great to hear that the craft room will be ready soon!
WOW!!!!
Happy belated T-Day from me - I was busy as well the last days -
Best wishes for all!
oxo Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Always fun to see a different area of the country. I was surprised by the rolling hills. Guess I just thought pretty much anything West of Boston is flat. Maybe I'll do a blog post about that! Antiquing and flea market is fun to browse and rarely do I find something that I just have to have. That and the fact that I already have too much stuff. Michael's is a whole 'nother story. And no, once it's in the cart, it comes home with me. Nevermind the fact I have too much stuff. Your craft room is going to be awesome. I'm really interested to see how you set it up for storage as I need to rethink my space. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning and Happy T day but on a thursday lol just now getting to the computer this morning.
Hi I love the art and all the photos!! thanks for sharing
alone time is always good-hugs