Sunday, May 21, 2017

T Stands for Overwhelmed.........


Hello all my wonderful T ladies and everyone who comes to visit..I'm so glad to see you... Wheeewww... its good to take a breather and sit down with you...  Life has been so busy... When you have long term construction on a house you find that the work waxes and wanes like the moon... You work and work and work and sometimes you don't seem to get too far... then WHAM! you have a bunch of things come together and you take a leap forward...

Well we are right on the cusp of that happening.... The walls in the craftroom are nearing completion.. and i mean COMPLETION... I'am putting the finishing touches on the sanding  as we speak... The kitchen is getting painted in prep for the cabinets...Hubs has been hanging sheetrock and then working down the neighbor's house.... still.....and summer's here so there's yard work to take care of... like i said..life is busy.. Probably just like yours..... :)

As you can see above though... Art always finds a way into my life... Its necessary...  Above is a PostCard i just finished for our fellow T partier Eileen... The base is cereal box... the half circle is cut from a paper bag... the sunflower is from a paint brochure, the leaf is texture paste thru a stencil... the butterflies Eileen sent to me herself! Now i'm sending them back...  :)


Eileen sent me a PostCard of her own!  This is a magazine image she painted over...and used liquid applique...  she made sure i looked close at the book.. its a Stephen King book ....lol ... a woman after my own heart... :) How do you like my PostCard holder?  Its a little wooden piece that came out of some packaging from something we bought... I don't remember what........But it had just the perfect little slit in it.. Score! 

Doodling in my SketchBook....
So.... my wonderful Tea People... while my Craftroom and Kitchen collide i may be a little scarce around here... If you don't see a post from me for a while don't worry! It just means things have gotten CRAZY!..  lol  and in this case thats a good thing. It means things are happening!  I'am bound and determined to be unpacking the craftroom boxes by my birthday... the third week in June....Lend me some of your energy for this final push won't you?? I'm wearing down.....  Big Hugs to everyone... especially you Ms. Elizabeth for hosting such a wonderful get together... See you all soon!!! Hugs! deb

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think you are even busier than I. You seem to make it sound so easy, although I know it hasn't been for either of you. I am in awe that you rolled up your sleeves and did it yourself.

Your postcard is beautiful. I adore how you used recycled bits to create it. That means so much because I'm big in recycling, too. And it's so good that you and Eileen are exchanging postcards and art. That makes me happy.

I LOVE your Insomnia mug. It is wonderful. I probably have one (although it doesn't say "Insomnia" on it).

Thanks for sharing your art and your house update with us, as well as your coffee for T this week. See you on Tuesday, too.

My name is Erika. said...

Wowsa. That is a lot going on. You made me exhausted just reading your post. LOL. Cool mug. Sounds like you and the hubby have it and are working 24-7. Loving all the great art too. Glad you are finding time for a little playtime. Happy early t day and hugs to you. Erika

Krisha said...

I got my PC....LOVE IT!!
Now i'm going to got tit for tat: I have my house sold, and have to look for a rental until we get our house built.......I'm packing up 41 years ......but throwing away about 40%....LOL!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

if you have any spare energy I could do with some here please.

Rita said...

How exciting! I hope it will be all done this summer--sooner than you expect. We want pictures of the new craftroom, of course, when it is done...or in the interim. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, life does sound busy and very exciting with everything coming together at once - I'm sending you some energy your way, hope it helps (grin!). Your postcard is beautiful with those lovely yellows and blues, and the postcard from Eileen is awesome! I'm loving your doodling too - Happy T Day! J :-)

CraftyViolet said...

There are just some things I cannot image me doing...like my son-in-law who is running a 42 mile marathon next week in Ottawa...running 42 miles...not for me...and I cannot imagine living in a reno house for that long and doing it all by yourselves. We just got a quote to put new flooring and baseboards in two rooms and Joe is already moaning that it will take 3 days....and someone else is doing it! No patience for mess that man!

Love your postcard, as always.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Hi Deb!

It seems your linkup link disappeared from Elizabeth's T-party post. I could swear I saw it there. Then it was gone - poof!

I'm so glad I remembered that I had seen it and thought to check. Phew - you got the Just Breathe postcard. I could hardly believe when I saw that phrase in a magazine.

I'm so excited for the completion of your craft room - no, we have to start calling it a STUDIO! I wish I could come help with the mudding and floating and painting and especially the unpacking - oh my - so exciting!

You've earned this oasis for your art. You go, girl!

Big hugs, Eileen!

CJ Kennedy said...

I love yellow and blue together. Very Summery.Your postcard holder is very clever. I like being able to repurpose stuff. You may be up to your eyeballs in remodel, but when it's complete, it will be so worth the effort. Happy T Day

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your beautiful art, and glad you have taken a bit of time in spite of all the work you need to get through just now. Take care of yourself, and hope that you will soon be able to relax in a beautiful, finished house....Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

that postcard holder sounds to be a perfect Thing! and i totally love your doodled sun!!
have a great week!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oooh! Nearly missed you! Love your sunflower and also Eileen's card. Great doodling - need to keep calm with all that final sorting to be done ! Bit short on energy as the temps have shot up here but willing you on!!!!
Hugs, Chrisx

back2brack said...

So many great things on your page...going to have to come back and ooh and aah again later. I love the colors on your folder and bookmark. Your kitchen is fab! I love the blue and yellow combination, so much brightness and happiness. Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!