Monday, July 17, 2017

Thank you for Having Me For T..........


It was so nice of you to have me over for T... do you have a napkin to wipe my chin....thank you ... 2 lumps if you please and a little bit of cream...  Oh no biscuits for me... I'm trying to get my girlish figure back after having the twins... 


They ARE growing so fast... and are quite the handful.....


Just keeping them clean is a major chore.....


Aren't they adorable??? I don't know how mom keeps track of them... the older they get the more curious they get and the more they stray from mom...
*****************************************************************************

If your interested...........i have the results back from my DNA test!! And oh my goodness was there ever a surprise!!  Now if you remember i knew from my mom's side of the family that i had German/Swedish/ Dutch and it showed up in the test as 29% so that was no surprise...  And remember that family story i had about a drop or two of Lenni Lenape indian blood... well not a drop.... that was a little sad.. i would have liked that.......  But hands down the biggest surprise was that i'am 33% Italian!!!! I never knew..never had a clue! Momma Mia!!!  I can only guess that that came from my father's side of the family....... The rest of the breakdown goes like this... Europe West 14%  ,  Ireland  10%,  Great Britain 6% and the rest was low confidence 3% and less which was Africa and West Asia........... So wow! Italian ... crazy....Theres a website that came with my results that i need to explore more... but this was a fun experience....There are more tests you can take... to get more indepth info and maybe i will in the future .... This one just gave me my Pie Chart and we went thru Ancestry.com It cost around $100.... Was it worth the  money ? For me it was... I really wanted to know and theres no family around to help me..... It supported what i already knew about myself and some things i didn't ....... 10% Irish!! me!  i KNEW i had to have some luck of the Irish in me... St Patty's Day takes on a whole new meaning now!!! LOL!  Thanks for coming by all my T partiers!! I'll be around to link up with Ms. Elizabeth and visit everyone! Hugs! deb

20 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I am thinking of having one done when I get settled into my new home.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great to hear of your DNA results, I wonder who was responsible for the Italian blood? What fun. Great photo of the Deer and her twins, so beautiful. Happy T Day - or water day for the deer - hugs, Valerie

CraftyViolet said...

I did the 23 and me - a gift from a cousin - but it only does the maternal DNA. One of my brothers would have to do one as well to get the father side.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really LOVED the water in the "teacup" today. It's a beautiful post, and those babies are growing fast. I wonder how soon they will lose those spots.

I've not heard that about 23 & me. I didn't realize it only shows the maternal OR paternal side, since I had heard it was actually a better breakdown than Ancestry's pie chart. I also heard that if you want more from Ancestry, you must pay more. But I'm delighted that you finally learned where you are from. I hope you find some living relatives, because that is what Ancestry is supposed to be so good for.

Thanks for sharing your DNA results and your wonderful T inspired drink post for T Stands For Tuesday today. I really liked the way you presented it, too. It's a wonderful post, and I have an extra napkin if you need it!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Yes, Tuesday TEA is older than four years, but today is the day I OFFICIALLY took it over four years ago, renamed it to T Stands For Tuesday so not to offend the former host, who just dropped out and didn't let anyone know. She didn't use links, either, so it was harder and more time consuming to visit people. Hope that clears up any confusion you might have had about it.

Halle said...

So very interesting. I bought a 23 and me test but haven't taken it yet. I've been of the belief that I'm 100% Norwegian...there is a little part of me that just wants to keep on believing that and not find out anything else.

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh those deer are incredibly sweet-how lucky you can see them up front and close and watch them grow. What interesting results form your DNA test-wow!! You know the Irish and Italian flags are VERY similar, even tho the food differs greatly:):) I have a feeling I would be a bit surprised with my results too- and I so want to do that sometime-hopefully sooner rather than later:)
Happy T day and thanks for sharing your DNA results.

Rita said...

I'm with Halle. I've always known I was 100% Swedish and would rather just believe that--even though it might not be true--LOL! But how fascinating! Love Mama and the twins. :)

chrissie said...

Wonderful deer photographs.

Interesting DNA results and you certainly had quite a mixture in you background

Have a happy T Day

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Can you please send me your post addy for the TSSFT ATC swap? Bastelmania(at)gmx.net Hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, those little fawns are too cute and how wonderful that mummy gets to join in our T Day fun too 😀. It's so interesting to learn about your DNA results, I didn't even know you could do such a thing - wow! Now that we know you are Italian I'll have to start my comments with "Ciao Bella!" 😉, Wishing you a very Happy T Day! "Addio!" J 😊

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy seeing your wildlife photos-fun! that was neat about your dna results! I think I will do mine this fall or winter as I am curious too
Happy T Day Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Aren't the DNA results amazing? An surprising. I discovered I had Finnish, English and Ashkenazi Jewish in my DNA. Who knew? And I joined ancestry too and it has helped me a bit locate where this all comes from, at least a little little bit. I enjoyed your post not only for those super deer photos (they must love your yard) but also because it is fun to find someone as into their DNA results as me. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

johanna said...

the fawns ARE adorable for sure. what a pleasure!
happy t-day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! Those beautiful deer! Your DNA results are really exciting - are you going to do any family history research? Have now e-mailed you - sorry for the delay! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What lovely photos and observationas about momma dear and her twins, Deb. They are so cute with their pretty white spots.

Do you know the saying that "Italian girls make the best lovers, the best friends and the worst enemies?" I only know about the best friends part because you certainly are that ;-)

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

The photos of the deer are adorable and I liked the story you added to the shots.
It must have been so interesting to you when the results of the DNA came, I wonder if you feel more Italian now and it does seem a high percentage, but at the end of this all, you, are you, that's the most important thing in life .
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Dianne said...

well congratulations on being Italian...too bad about the Native American, but they often say on The Antiques Road Show (public tv) that family legends aren't always true...so fun that you were able to find out so much. fascinating really! Happy 4th anniversary T day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Amazing twins - adorable!
And you seem to be a perfect mixture...lol
Italian blood is always good I guess -
they are spirited!!!

oxo Susi

Cazzy said...

Hi JG, the photos took my breath away, how gorgeous to have deer in the garden! Thanks for visiting and Happy Belated T day to you!
I laughed when I saw DNA, but I would love to have it done. Had it done for the dogs and may have been taken for a mug! I will blog about it next T day!
The copper tape is to keep away the snails and slugs, they just keep munching and I won't put pellets down, now for the dogs but also I have visiting hedgehogs and wildlife that it might affect. I know they say it won't but I don't really believe that.
Cazzy x