Monday, October 23, 2017

I Hardly Know Where to begin.........


Fall has come...... and finally routed out our Indian Summer... Just something wrong about breaking a sweat in October... This is my Dogwood tree in all her glory... buds already set for next Spring... 


Click to enlarge and you can see the tree we lost back behind hubby's shop.... A storm front blew in around midnight night before last... I could hear the wind howling before it even arrived..  I stood in the dark listening to it blow in... (hubby was snoring) and i heard a loud 'CRACK' and thump... just thankful it wasn't near the house... 


My friend Eileen was surprised that i planned on displaying some of our PostCard swaps on the walls in my house..   I just love them and they inspire me and i want others to see them and not just me..  So i took my favorites off the cork board in the craftroom and displayed them by the front door..  Gorgeous no ? There are some from Krisha and Violet and Valerie too.. My thumbtacks were shiny silver and i spray painted them bronze with a kiss of copper.. I thought that looked somehow classier... lol 



Progress on Hubby's painting.... I worry about messing it up but i just grit my teeth and try to be brave.......



Craft shows were in full force around here this past weekend.... For the past three years we have gone to the War Eagle Craft Show which is just a few miles down the road from us... 


It was a lovely Fall day but Lordy i've never seen the like of people.. Its a 4 day event and we always go on the first day .. first thing in the morning... our rationale is that it won't be so busy then... WRONG... lol It was wall to wall people from the get go.. Honestly took away from some of the enjoyment but what can you do... either go or don't go.. right? 


Above we are walking across the War Eagle bridge... a very old , picturesque bridge... Theres a craft show on both sides of the bridge..I can't say i saw anything new... alot of the vendors are very similar.. The prices are high for my pocketbook... A bag of kettlecorn popcorn was $8.(thats a sweet/salty snack) thats high to me.. I enjoyed seeing the pottery... i drooled over the coffee mugs but won't pay $20 for a coffee mug...just can't make myself do it.. But i enjoyed being surrounded by all that creativity... just made my Muse sssiiiiinnggg!! lol 


And this little guy was so cute in his sunglasses i had to take a picture.... He didn't seem to mind wearing them at all...

And for all my Tea People visiting from Ms. Elizabeth's and Bleubeard's I have tea in my cup up in the header... I have a family member that loves to send me different varieties of tea... I don't go for the fruity ones but i do love anything along the line of Chai ... and this was very good... The cool evenings now make me want to wrap my hands around a cup of tea....I hope you've had a wonderful week... I can't wait to come see what you've been up to! Hugs! deb

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That is one huge craft fair. I haven't been to any for a couple years now, it is way to easy to spend money at them. :) Love how your post card wall is looking too, and hurrah for real fall weather. A warm fall day is nice but not a summer like day in the fall. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

I have never seen such a huge craft fair. LOVE the doggie in sunglasses, cooool! Great idea to display the postcards like that, I have a lot too, and am looking for ways to display them....Enjoy your week, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Penny said...

Your dog wood looks spectacular. Love the idea of post cards on show.

kathyinozarks said...

wow that is one thing I really miss since we have moved to here-no craft shows nearby--but I would not enjoy that many people either-that's a long show too-so it must really bring in the crowds.
Handmade pottery if it's beautiful and well done is worth the price to me-there are so many hours and steps to the process for a completed piece. from the 70s through the 90s I collected allot of it both for use and a few art pieces. I especially love handmade dishes
that little dog was too cute and I love your permanent display for the postcards-really a great way to enjoy them and display art too.
Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, that tree FELL, didn't it? I thought it was a branch at first. It's incredible what power the wind has.

I like what you did with the postcards. BTW, have you heard from Krisha? I'm worried about her. You and Eileen have been having fun sending them to each other, though. I want to know what those black things on the stairs are. I thought they were toy mice at first. Curious minds and all.

I like how you have your paints set up. They look handy, and within easy reach. I am sure your husband will be please with the painting even if you are worried.

When I lived in MO., I went to War Eagle once. Once was enough for me. I preferred to go to KC to the Renaissance Faire. It wasn't much further, either. I don't care what day you go, people from everywhere go to War Eagle. The prices they charge the vendors to peddle their wares probably runs the prices up, too. But at least you got to enjoy the experience and soak up some ideas for art YOU can create.

When I first starting thinking about tea (you know I much prefer coffee 24/7), I learned that Pu Erh was the most expensive tea you can buy. So your family member knew exactly what to send you, although I've only seen it in loose leaf form before.

Thanks for sharing your postcard placement, your trip to War Eagle, and your tea (and Halloween vignette) with us for T this Tuesday.

Let's Art Journal said...

I really like your new header with those spooky trees and cup of tea - perfect! It must also have been a bit spooky listening to the wind and hearing the crack of the tree, glad it was away from the house and all is well 😁. You've had a busy week too with lots of lovely crafting inspiration. I love how you have displayed all that happy mail and I can see why they provided so much inspiration - gorgeous! You paining is coming along beautifully too and the craft show looks so much fun, I'm glad you had such a great time 😁. That tea sounds lovely, thanks for sharing and wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

Meggymay said...

Gosh that was a huge craft fair and it does seem popular with all the folk. To many for me I think, but I'm sure there was lots of inspiring things to see.
I loved the cup you have in your header today and the tea sounds lovely.
It is a great way to display your cards and happy mail.
Your painting is looking fabulous.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

That is a huge craft fair! Looks like you had nice weather for an outing. I love the color blue on your wall and the postcards. Nice to display them instead of keeping them in a book or a box.Just looked up that tea. Extra caffeine, I'm in! Have a Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

I do love a good storm but when it hits that close it 's pretty disconcerting. Getting a light T storm here now-it's 72 degrees and very windy...
love your postcard wall! And that craft fair -wow-that is a LOT of people but it looks like you had a nice day for it. Great looking autumn inspired header. Happy T day!

johanna said...

good idea to Display the postcards for the visitors to enjoy, too!
the prizes on the craft fair really Sound expensive... maybe they also have high booth fees. but it is also joyful just to walk around...
happy t-day!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

What a huge craft fair! AMAZING! This postcard wall is just super - what a fantastic idea and display for the cards Deb!
I like the cool little dog ---sweet, my mom had a Yorkie for 18 years - she was a great girl.
Good that this tree was away from the house -gosh! Your dogwood tree is a BEAUTY!!!
Happy T-Day - this PU-EHR tea must taste great!

oxo Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

By the front door, Deb?! You display our postcard art right by the front door?!! Does anyone say anything other than, "That's nice?" lol. You know, most people just don't "get it." Like E, I wondered about the black things on the steps and thought maybe some of Jinxxie's toys.

The dogwood is beautiful. Too bad about one of your roaring pines. Are there any close enough to the house to land on it?

I've wondered what you were painting for hubby. The "hobbit" door is one my favorites too ;-) It's coming along nicely. Canvas is intimidating.

The craft fair looks huge! I wonder if the crowds thinned out any the last three days. I bet all those other people the 1st day had the same plan as you (Let's go early to beat the crowds - lol). When I did the craft fair circuit, I noted that other crafters were there to pick up ideas. People who didn't consider themselves crafty were the buyers. They made the days fun - not just for the money - but for their kind comments and how they ooo'd and awe'd over my creations.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

nanskidrewski said...

Love your new header. That craft fair is huge! Happy t day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love your postcard display! What a wonderful way to share them. It's just beginning to get cooler here, and I'm ready for the change of seasons. Happy T Tuesday.

Rita said...

Great idea for the postcards. Your hubby's painting is coming along really nicely. Did he pick out that picture or was that something smaller you had done?

What a packed fair--yes! I prefer it less crowded, but the vendors must have been thrilled.

Love your tree!! Glad the other one fell far away from the house.

With me it's wrap my hands around a cup of hot coffee or maybe a hot chocolate. Have a great day! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

The dogwood tree is beautiful but I'm sad to see that you lost a tree! Still, as you say - no-one was hurt! I love Craft or Art Fairs - it's good to see other folks work! I do try to support them but sometimes things seem very over priced! Happy T day!Chrisx

Darla said...

I haven't been to a big craft fair in ages. There is one every November in our area but it has sort of outgrown the area it is in (meaning there is very little parking so a long walk)

I like Numi tea. I would love to receive it as a gift.

Dianne said...

Your dogwood tree is lovely...sorry about the pine! always something isn't it? love your display of postcards and art! I haven't been to a craft show for quite a while, but the sunshine and creativity does sound appealing. Happy T day!

CraftyViolet said...

That craft fair sounds like way too many people for me to enjoy it so I know what you mean. The older I get, the less I like crowded places. Lots of craft fairs around here too and church bazaars.
Glad the tree missed the house! Our former neighbour's tree got hit by lightning and it split in half with the half coming on our half of the backyard and into my garden but luckily we didn't have the fence between us then and the roses just got cut back early.
Nice of you to add your postcards as part of the deco! Thank you for including mine. Also happy that you liked the bookmarks I sent you. I enjoy making them.
I know pottery is expensive. My daughter's mother-in-law is a master potter and she showed me once all the steps in making a cup. Yikes. No wonder they are $20....too much for me too!....but they are lovely to drool over.