Saturday, October 7, 2017

T Stands for..........


..........another finished projecT....... My sister in law gave this to me when we first moved here to Arkansas... she no longer wanted it... The black frame was pretty beat up and the glass face was out of it and whatever had colored the glass face was mostly gone.. So i cleaned it up and spray painted it black again... 



......the real challenge came with using the alcohol inks on the glass.. never played with them before...  I had a hard time getting good coverage of the yellow.. kept leaving bare spots... then i had a brain fart.... turn it over... all the texture on the face is on the front ... the back is flat.... when that was dry i turned it over and did the drippy thing with the orange on the front... Hubs is not a fan of the 'drippy thing' .. but i LOVE it... 

Oh i'm soooo happy there was some interest in my chicken pie... :) Here's the recipe... I've had it a long time and have made many a pie... It has never failed me.. i wish i could remember where i got it from to give credit but its been too long... 

                                  Sour Cream Pastry Shell
1/2 c margerine softened
1 c sour cream
Beat these together... I've used a mixer and i've done it by hand and both turned out fine.... 
Add 1 egg,  1 cup of flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning... 
Mix all together and spread on the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan...  Don't grease the pan or anything... I use a glass pan... 

                                      Chicken Pie
1 small onion chopped small
1/2 c celery , chopped small , I use the heart (center)
2 tbs  margarine ( i usually omit this and use a spray)  Saute the onion and celery... then add.. 
1/4 c chopped parsley ( i use dried),   2 tbs chopped pimento ( i often omit this as i don't have it on hand)  
2 c cooked chicken or turkey... (great for leftovers)  
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, pepper to taste 
1 can cream of chicken soup 
1 can (3-4oz) chopped mushrooms, undrained 
Shredded cheddar cheese... 

Mix together and heat thru everything except cheese .... Pour on top of the dough and put in oven... 400 F for 30 min.... I add the cheese , sprinkled on top after about 20 min...  

The crust is fantastic and i have used it with other fillings... Although this filling is pretty good too... :)  Happy happy T day everyone! I'll be seeing you soon!!  

21 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A fantastoc project! And thank you very much for the recipe! Happy weekend dear Deb!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This turned out great. i think you have a sun god to shine regardless of the weather outside. It's a genuine beauty. I'm so glad you share how you created it, because I had no idea you used alcohol inks until you told us.

Thanks for the recipe. One thing I would never, ever use is margarine. Most of the ingredients contain carcinogens. Other than that, I really like the sound of the recipe, especially the sour cream pastry shell. As you pointed out, it would be good for a whole host of "pies," not just chicken. And I like that there are enough other ingredients in the actual pie, I wouldn't feel I was missing anything if I left the chicken out and used cream of celery soup. So, thanks for this recipe. I'll take photos of mine if and when I make it. Right now, it's far too hot to heat my oven for that length of time. I hope it is much cooler where you are.

Thanks for sharing your art project and your pie recipe, along with your glass with us for T this week. See you Tuesday, Deb.

Rita said...

That does sound yummy!! I will have to copy this.
Thanks, Deb! :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

thanks for the recipe. I make impossible pies a lot in the cold weather. This crust recipe sounds good and I'll be trying it soon. Cool Sun.
xx, Carol

My name is Erika. said...

Great job! I like the drippy thing myself, and it looks like you just went to the store and bought it (at full price!) Hugs-Erika

CraftyViolet said...

Thanks for the recipe...I will use the crust but I will use butter, not margarine! We just use veggie chick'n (many different companies make it...but hard to find in Canada at times) when I make chick'n potpie or any other meat recipes.

I like your sun project...the drippy things look great for the Halloween season! Love it.


Krisha said...

Stunning "sun" project Deb!! I LOVE the "drippy" things too.

Let's Art Journal said...

You always create such amazing artwork and I love your upcycled project, it's so beautiful 😁. Thanks for sharing the chicken pie recipe too, it looks so yummy! Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

Linda Kunsman said...

another great job of redoing an object-whether a frame or table or whatever:)
I must say tho that this sun looks a bit spooky-maybe she's to keep the predators away...
thanks for the recipe and happy T day!

johanna said...

great upcycling again... and i will definitely try out this recipe - thank you!
happy t-day!

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous art project.It will look amazing close up especially with a back light or daylight on the glass.
Thank you for the recipe, it will be copied into my book later.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Darla said...

Your project turned out great and I like the fact that you rescued that black iron piece. Chicken pot pie sounds good.

Divers and Sundry said...

That was a successful project! It'll turn this rainy day sunny for me :) Happy T Tuesday

Carol said...

Oh My ! That recipe sounds so yummy... I just may have to make it this week :) Love the Sunface !! Drips and all ♥♥♥

kathyinozarks said...

Hi looks like a fun art project! Your recipe looks and sounds delicious-thanks for sharing Happy T Day hugs Kathy

Lorraine said...

perfect for halloween and I always like recipes for pies too

CJ Kennedy said...

Your art project turned out great. I like the drippy thing, too. Your chicken pie recipe looks like it will come in handy after Thanksgiving. Happy T Day

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great job on the sun, Deb. You could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear - lol.

Your recipe sounds soooo good. Maybe I'll tuck it away for a day hubby and I are fending for ourselves dinner-wise.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Dianne said...

The sunburst turned out great and the pie recipe sounds yummy!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love how your sun turned out - sure to cheer you up over Winter too! Thanks for the recipe - I'm sure I will be able to adapt it too! I had hoped by now that I would have caught up with everyones blogs but I think I am just going to try and keep up for now with new posts as I still can't sit for long! At least I can craft standing up! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Web and freelancer Gallery said...

central govt jobs,
central government jobs,
central govt jobs 2018,
https://searchgovtjobs.com/freejobalerts/