Monday, November 13, 2017

T stands for posTcard.......

                                               A mixed media Postcard!
This PostCard was once a cereal box or some such food box and i lightly sanded it and  put several coats of gesso on it and tried my hand at an ombre blue acrylic paint background ... then painted on a tree branch....Hubby brought me home some brochure from somewhere that had this cute little puppy on it and said  ' I KNEW you'd want it' ...lol See i have 'my people' trained...lol  

 I had a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper in Fall colors and my oak leaf punch and went at it... making sure i got some of the gold that was on the paper... I used a small set of letter stamps with archival ink.... The letters are a little hard to read but i don't have a fine point white pen or i would have highlighted them or something.. 


 Now this person i'm sending it to wants it to go in an envelope not just a postcard naked thru the mail... so i cut it to the size of a business envelope AND this person wants me to put a magnet on the back so she can hang it on her frig which is really kind of funny when you know that i used to hang that person's art on my frig when she was little.... lol 


Before you run off my little T partiers ... I wanted to show you the latest finished project... Above is the before... Its a sun and was a part of a wine bottle holder.... I got it for a steal at a yard sale... Hubby cut off the wine bottle holder part...as we don't drink wine... I scraped off all the old glue and painted it black...


Then sprayed it with oilrubbed bronze and dry brushed antique copper and bright copper.... I think it came out pretty... Its going on the sun wall if you remember by the front door..  I'll show you when installed.. :)

Thats all my T people ... Another week closer to Thanksgiving... We are having company staying with us so i've been cleaning like a crazy woman and trying to finish up some projects that are within reach of being finished... installing some doorstops behind doors... staining another window sill and installing some more baseboard.. I still have hopes of hanging the family portraits before company comes... I'm staining the shelf and pole that goes in the hall closet so maybe i can get the coats off the guest bed... that would be good huh? lol... Take care and thank you Ms. Elizabeth and Bleubeard for another wonderful week of visiting.... Hugs! deb

22 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

I adore those Frenchies!!! And your collage is wonderful Deb. Loving that bronzed sun-you are SO good at recycling things into marvelous art!
Good thing to get company as it's the best way to really clean house-well, at least as far as I'm concerned:) Happy T Day Deb!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the doggie card, so pretty. And the sun looks gorgeous after your re-painting. The thing I don't like about visitors is having to clean up beforehand! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

That little dog looks so cute, the piece will look fantastic pinned in place for folk to see.
The recycled sun is fabulous, you are a wiz at bring new life to older items.
Enjoy your company.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What wonderful happy mail you created, I love the blue sky, sentiment, cute dog and those beautiful fall leaves! Your sun project is amazing, I'm in awe of the way you transform pieces like this, the bronze and copper finish is perfect - stunning 😁. Sounds like your going to be busy and I hope you get everything done for Thanksgiving 😉. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! J 😊

Halle said...

Great mail art!. LOVE the metal piece you refurbished!!!! Gorgeous!
Happy T day!

Darla said...

You are so good at creating post cards. I'll bet this one will make the recipient quite happy. I like your metal sun. I have something similar that I picked up ages ago at a thrift store. I've yet to hang it up - that needs to be done. Have a happy time with your company.

kathyinozarks said...

I love the dog card too-and I agree you are very good at recycling objects into something else-can't wait to see
enjoy your company ours just left early this morning Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

Erika N said...

That is a GREAT postcard Deb. Love the pup on it. :) And you sure find bargains. You have an eye for them for sure. The sun is gorgeous. Can't wait to see where it gets hung. Happy T day, Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

The refrigerator art "turning of the tables" is a neat story. The postcard is darling and will bring lots of smiles I bet.

Talk about making a silk purse from a sow's ear - I love what you did with the sun. The antique rubbed finish is gorgeous. You sure have an eye for seeing treasures in other people's trash ;-)

Yes, coats off the bed when company comes to stay is a good idea - lol. Try not to wear yourself out before they even arrive!

Happy T-day, Deb! Hugs, Eileen

Betty said...

The card is so pretty. I love love the sun. You are so creative.

Mac n' Janet said...

You make such interesting things. Love the puppy dog card.

Divers and Sundry said...

I look forward to seeing the sun piece installed. It's striking! Happy T Tuesday

johanna said...

ha, isn´t it funny how we get out People trained;) the dog fits perfect to your wonderful Background. and i love the recyled sun.
happy t-day:)

Krisha said...

Wonderful PC Deb, love the little guy on the front......too cute!
That sun turned out fantastic, can't wait to see it hung.
Yes, only one more week till Thanksgiving.....sheeeesh! Where is time running off to??
Happy T-day

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute puppy playing in the leaves. Great job of painting the ombre background. You certainly have your people well trained. The fridge is where all the best artwork can be found. Very cool wall sculpture too. Guess your hubby is well trained to participate in your art. :-D Glad to see with all your cleaning and holiday prep you are taking time for yourself with a cuppa and a good book. Happy T Day

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Such a pretty postcard - GORGOUS! And I LOVE the metal piece you refurbished!

Your style is unique Deb!Enjoy your visitors!
Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My most humble apologies for being late. I have been really, really sick since late last night and can’t seem to stay off the toilet. Hope that’s not too personal. At least I know it was from something I made myself.

Your postcard is the ultimate in great recycling. It's a true gem and seems your husband has been trained properly.

Speaking of husbands, he was helpful in the cutting away the wine rack. Your new project is fabulous. I really enjoyed seeing the transformation, and look forward to the wall reveal.

Thanks for sharing these projects with us, and then taking time to share a drink and a good book for T this Tuesday.

Rita said...

It's all awesome! They will love their postcard and that sun is fantastic. Can hardly wait to see it on the wall. Have a great week. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

For the fingerless gloves. the pattern I used can be found here: http://www.hellospeckless.com/peasy-gloves-crochet-pattern/

Very easy. No increases. Worked in the round so no sewing. the only thing different I did was when working the cuff area (after round 8), I crocheted in the back loops so it gave a sort of horizontal ribbed effect

pearshapedcrafting said...

My son has a French bulldog - he really is a character! Your postcard is superb! You have done a fantastic job on the sun too! Happy T Day! Chrisx

CraftyViolet said...

Love the postcard! Isn't it nice when you have friends and family trained at bring you things that would normally be thrown out. Hubby's cousin is a cabinet maker and he showed up one day with some oddly cut left over wood and said, "I figured you could use these for something!" I did! I made some wonderful home dec pieces - one of Halloween and one for Easter.
Love your sun too!

take care
Violet

nanskidrewski said...

Your postcard is adorable! You bring new live to objects... always impressed!