.......Earth Day........ Hubby made a birdhouse from leftover bits and bobs of our house redo.. The roof is those leftover slats from installing blinds... what do you do with those??? And the wood is left over from construction on the house..... We have so much wood leftover... that pole on top... was the bannister that went up the stairs .... don't ask me.. totally hub's design.. I think it gives it a rather Swedish flair.. but i could be wrong... lol
Hub's design right down to the colors.. :) Pretty bright for a man that screamed at my bedroom colors...lol But honestly i'm just tickled to death to see his creativity come out.. to just let loose and play in his shop.... to immerse himself in a personal project.. He does so much for others and works on the house that rarely does he do something just for his pleasure.. Pssst... the bottom opens up so you can clean it out..
Have i showed you the wooden snake i picked up at an Estate Auction for $4??? Oh what a hideous paint job..imho... I sanded off the shine... i swear i think it was enamel because that paint wasn't moving much...
Then i had the idea of using Air Dry Clay to cover him... I have never played with this clay before so there was a slight learning curve.. and i didn't know how much it would shrink..(not much) But all in all he came out good...
There ... can you see the texture better? I used an old flourescent light cover to put texture in the clay.. And the best part.. i didn't have to bake the clay which i was trying to avoid.. Now i plan on finishing him in the Steam Punk style with gears and keys.. I'm having some trouble finding molds for that as i'd like to make them out of clay so i can mold them to the curves of his body.. I think it would look more realistic and natural that way.. I may make my own molds out of gears and keys i have.. Hmm.. never tried that either..
Go Deb Go!!! Almost there!! lol
Hubs hat rack i've woodburned.. That was all i was going to do and then stain it.. but now i've had the brilliant idea that i might like leaves around the edges.... So i have a practice board there you can see in the picture as i'd like to try a different technique... stay tuned..
This is a sliver of wood that hubby had leftover from a project that i thought looked just like a crescent moon ... Well you know i had to have a play.. I'm using very fine copper wire for the 'string' and my how it sparkles and really adds something to it.. the beads are glass and a few are rainbow hematite... I'll show close ups if i ever get done...lol
This is a repair job going on.. These are outdoor flowers that the beads got smashed in our move from TX to CA and i never got around to fixing them in CA but i'am now.. Three total.. One more to go.. I might get to see them in place this year!! Woot Woot!